The IMPEL Shipment of Waste Enforcement Actions Project (SWEAP) project is co-funded by the European Commission LIFE fund (LIFE17 GIE/BE/000480) and will run between September 2018 to June 2023. The SWEAP project is a follow-up of the IMPEL Enforcement Actions project series. The overall purpose of the project is to support circular economy principle and to disrupt illegal waste trade and management at an EU level by:
- Increasing skill set amongst inspectors and law enforcement agencies
- Intensifying collaboration nationally and internationally
- Developing innovative tools and techniques
- Creating EU-wide data set
- Providing intelligence products
As part of the deliverables, a dedicated project website was launched today by IMPEL.
For further information, please go to the IMPEL LIFE SWEAP website.