The IMPEL community is one week away from its Next Generation Conference, which will take place 26 September in Zwolle, the Netherlands. The final programme is now made available and the organisation is ready to receive more than 150 participants from all over Europe. The gathering will offer a unique opportunity for environmental regulators and enforcers to learn and discuss challenges and experiences related to the practical implementation of EU environmental law.
The programme covers a wide range of topics related to IMPEL’s ambitions, such as show cases on innovative tools, to citizen science, peer reviews. challenges in agriculture and coordinated enforcement actions. Key notes will be given by representatives of the European Commission. Of course plenty of opportunities are created for networking as well.
Back to back with the conference, a series of side events are organised on ongoing IMPEL projects and activities.
For details on the programme, side events and logistics, please visit the conference website.
- Bringing together experts, practitioners and regulators in the field of environmental compliance, implementation and enforcement
- Facilitate sharing of best practices, case studies and know-how and how IMPEL’s members can learn and benefit from it
- Present the state of play, & to discuss implementation of, IMPEL’s Position Paper: ‘Next Generation IMPEL’ and its ambitions; plus how this aligns with the European Commission’s Environmental Compliance Assurance Initiative
- Inform and align with stakeholders and strategic partners active in the compliance chain
- Showcase innovative new tools and actions to support IMPEL members in their work and responsibilities
The conference is organised by IMPEL and kindly hosted by the Regional Environmental Protection Agency of IJsselland. The conference is co-hosted by the Region of Zwolle, the Province of Overijssel, and the Municipality of Zwolle and co-sponsored by the Association of Dutch Provinces and the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (ILT).