IMPEL Handbook – Cooperation in the Field of Environmental Inspections and Certification of Environmental Management Systems is now available
16 Nov, 2022
The climate emergency as well as an increasing awareness of the impact of plastic, biodiversity decline and now the impacts of a global pandemic & potential green recovery are having a profound impact on policy, how we regulate and on those that we regulate. That is the reason why IMPEL started its Climate Emergency Program in 2021.
The pressures to contribute to the reduction of greenhouse gases, the reduction of carbon or supporting green recovery are increasing yet few regulators have the correct tools to begin to tackle these issues. This programme hopes to tackle these issues by designing tools and approaches that regulators can use to meet these emerging challenges. Research, development and design of new tools and approaches for regulators to use to meet policy goals driven by the climate emergency (& green recovery).
The purpose of IMPEL Handbook – Cooperation in the Field of Environmental Inspections and Certification of Environmental Management Systems is to provide insights, strategies and tools to encourage collaboration between public environmental inspectorates and inspectors and parties involved in accredited certification of environmental management systems in order to reach a higher degree of environmental protection. Following this purpose, the handbook provides:
• Information about environmental regulation and inspections related to environmental management systems
• Information about private accredited certification of environmental management systems
• An explanation of how public environmental inspection can benefit from private accredited certification of environmental management systems
• Practical strategies and tools to help the collaboration be implemented in day-to-day work
• A glossary to explain the most commonly used terms
This handbook is primarily meant for those directly involved in the management and execution of public environmental inspections, certification bodies, auditors and accreditation bodies. Also, the handbook could help companies, legislators and officers involved in environmental permits to design strategies using the insights and tools provided.
Click here to download the IMPEL Handbook.