Treatment of waste before landfilling according to art. 6 of the Landfill Directive
This Report provides the results of the section of the IMPEL Landfill Project focused on the implementation by EU Member States of art.6 of Directive 1999/31/EC on the landfill of waste, in
order to investigate the situation in Member States as regards the landfilling of untreated waste. A survey was preliminary circulated.
The report includes:
- an analysis of the different approaches to evaluate the need of a treatment before landfilling
- an analysis of criteria and technologies for waste treatment
- permitting instructions for the mixing of the waste
- observations on a common methodology to evaluate ANC when dealing with Stable non reactive waste
- suggestions for a proper inspection to assess compliance with treatment of both MSW and industrial waste.