The WasteForce project continues with the series of training events on fighting illegal waste trafficking and waste crime. After the first successful training, which took place in November last year, the next two training sessions are now being prepared.
A dedicated training on performing road inspections of waste shipments will take place in March in Germany. The next one will focus on port inspections of waste shipments and will take place in May in Slovenia.
Each training aims to bring together actors from all stages of the enforcement chain to participate in a various lectures, practical case studies, best practices open sessions and study visits.
The upcoming training events
Road inspections – organised by the German Police University (DHPol)
- Date: 24-27 March 2020
- Location: Campus of the German Police University in Münster-Hiltrup, Germany
- Target audience: Customs officers, Police officers, representatives of other organisations responsible for conducting road side checks, in particular focused on light and heavy trucks
- The training programme will include a combination of lectures on inspection planning and guidance, financial investigation of fraud, case studies and a field trip to conduct road side checks in five different places of German motorways.
Port inspections – organised by the Inspectorate of Republic of Slovenia for the Environment and Spatial Planning (IRSOP)
- Date: 12-14 May 2020
- Location: City Hotel Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Target audience: environmental inspectors, Customs officers, Police officers
- The training programme will include a combination of lectures on customs controls, port procedures, waste repatriation inter-agency collaboration, case studies and inspection of the field (port).
If you are involved in fighting waste crime or if you work for an organisation or authority responsible for the inspection or enforcement of waste management and waste shipment legislation, join our trainings to receive the most up to date information, strategies and techniques.
Attendance is FREE, but on an invitation-only basis, limited to 25 participants. Some extra places are likely to be available, but costs for travel and accommodation are to be covered by the participants
Register your interest before 30 January 2020!
Express your interest to participate in the one of the trainings and complete the registration form. After the deadline of 30 January 2020, you will be informed if your application to participate was successful.