Terms of Reference
Project description and aims
After 2 consecutive years of organising EU networks conferences (2016 Utrecht and 2017 Oxford), IMPEL recognised the need holding a dedicated conference on the work, progress and way forward of the network, the 5 expert teams and their members; especially in relation to the Environmental Compliance Assurance Initiative by the European Commission.
The conference aims to:
- Present the state of play of Operationalisation of the IMPEL Position /Ambitions Paper on ‘Environmental Compliance Assurance’ (2018)
- Increase the (strategic) membership of IMPEL
- Promote and disseminate IMPEL’s results and output
- Discuss and present a multi annual strategic trainings and capacity building programme covering key areas identified as implementation gaps and needs
- Discuss coordinated EU wide enforcement actions at various topics
- Inform and align with stakeholders and strategic partners active in the compliance chain
- Show case innovative new tools and actions to support IMPEL members in their work and responsibilities
- Facilitate sharing of best practices, case studies and know-how
The conference will also offer the 5 Expert Teams to hold their meeting back to back to the conference.
Outcomes and output:
- Receive members’ input for the presented actions and ways forward to increase and assurance environmental compliance.
- Increased profile of IMPEL among its members, stakeholders, partners and externally
- Frameworks for multi annual training and capacity building programme, including areas, needs, tools and training curricula, funding, resources
- Proposals for EU wide joint inspection actions and ways to implement them
Lead country and contact