Terms of Reference
Project description and aims
The main objective of this project is to contribute to the continuing development of capacity within IMPEL, to the gather forces and to share experience between MS to assure proper implementation and enforcement of the Nature directives and to promote nature conservation. Its aim is to define criteria and to build a tool to manage frequency of nature protected site visits (including Natura 2000 sites). If possible, the tool will also store data collated through inspections over the long term in order to be used by inspection authorities for the purposes of evidence and long term trends in nature protected sites change.
- Map out detailed ‘asks’ of the tool
- Fixed set of criteria
- Clear and detailed schematic of the tool and what is required
- Identified source and level of funding available for development
- Shortlist of suitable specialists for IT development phase
- Identify successful developer and have initial conversation about the tool and what is required
- Identify any challenges or pitfalls in development as well as identify developer timescales.
Lead country and contact
- Nature protection in permitting and inspection of industrial installations – Implementation of Art. 6(3) of the Habitats Directive (phase 1, 2 & 3)
- Permitting under Article 6 (3) of the Habitats Directive