Number: 2021/08-WP9, 2018/10, 2017/15
Terms of Reference
Project description and aims
IMPEL has been asked by the European Commission to expand and apply its regulatory capability into the Water & Land Expert Team. Effective water and land resource management (both quality and quantity) relies on good forward planning and delivery based on data, information and professional judgement. It is essential that economic growth in each Member State supports planned sustainable water & Land resource protection and utilization. Futhermore, ECA Initiative, promoted by the European Commission pose new challenges, in particular on point n.5 (Prepare guidance document(s) on good practices in environmental compliance assurance in rural areas (in relation to land and water)) that need to be investigated, discussed, to find out proposals to fulfill the ambitious IMPEL’s further evolution perspective.
Activities carried on, and experiences built in water and land field need to be shared among IMPEL members and the annual Water and Land Conference is an instrument for a wide contact and discussion. The 2021 W&L Conference is an useful initiative to discuss and present solution to cope with new IMPEL’s Ambitions.
- Growth and strengthening of networking among IMPEL’s members to develop and promulgate best practice in drone surveillance activities on land, soil, water protection, and with other organization at international level
- Contribution to the debate on activities on relationship between agriculture and environment at international and world level
- Focalization of activities of interest for IMPEL, and activation of interest in IMPEL members
- Exchange of experience to foster development of IMPEL activities in land and water monitoring.
Lead country and contact
- Assessment and management of flood risks Directive 2007/60/EC
- Communication (COM(2007) 414 final) – addressing water scarcity and droughts in the EU
- Soil Tematic Stategy COM(2006) 231
- EU proposal for a Soil Framework Directive
- Water Framework Directive (WFD) 2000/60/EC and daughter Directives
- Common Agricultural Policy
- Industrial Emission Directive (IED) 2010/75/UE
- Copernicus EU Earth Programme (Regulation (EU) N° 377/2014)