Invitation to tender: LIFE SWEAP Project Video
15 Dec, 2023
The European Union Network for the Implementation and Enforcement of Environmental Law (IMPEL) is an international non-profit association of the environmental authorities of the European Union Member States, acceding and candidate countries of the EU, EEA and EFTA countries.
The Network’s objective is to create the necessary impetus in the European Community to make progress on ensuring a more effective application of environmental legislation. It promotes the exchange of information and experience and the development of environmental legislation. IMPEL has developed into a widely known organisation in the environment field and is mentioned in a number of EU legislative and policy documents.
LIFE SWEAP Project
The Shipment of Waste Enforcement Actions Project (SWEAP) project is co-funded by the European Commission LIFE fund and co-ordinated by the IMPEL Network. The project runs between September 2018 to June 2024.
In order to contribute to the circular economy package, waste management principles and targets and disrupt, detect and prevent illegal waste trafficking, this project aims to expand the members taking part in and benefiting from the project, increase the capacity of the various actors in the enforcement chain, intensify the collaboration, inspections and enforcement actions, develop and demonstrate innovative tools and technology and establish a EU wide dataset based on inspection data and used for the development of intelligence products.
- Delivering capacity building activities.
- Development of new systems with a focus on providing tangible benefits to agencies using innovative enforcement, tracking and e-reporting tools.
- Coordinated inspections.
- The involvement of Europol, Customs and national Police Forces in this project to strengthen existing enforcement networks and improve the flow of intelligence on illegal shipments and the actors involved and getting a better understanding of trend and patterns to develop strategies to prevent and disrupt the illegal waste trade.
Project website: www.sweap.eu
The project team is looking to create a short project video (3-4 minutes) to summarize the project results and products for promotional purposes – one of them being the closing conference on 2-3 May 2024.
This work includes:
- Co-developing the storyboard with the SWEAP project team.
- Developing the video – ideally a mix of animations and real-life images (existing materials can be used with the consent of the owners).
- Music (royalty-free or with an appropriate license to allow unrestricted use).
- Voice-over in English
- In line with the project communication and layout requirements.
Any queries in relation to this Invitation to Tender should be submitted by email to Nancy Isarin at Nancy.firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission deadline is 26 January 2024, 17:00 CET. The Tenderer must send their proposal in PDF format. All documents are to be submitted in the English language.
The currency in which all prices and rates shall be tendered, and which payments under the Contract will be paid, shall be euros (€). Tenders more than € 3.000 Euro exclusive of VAT will not be considered.
It is anticipated that the contract will be awarded mid-February, and the services must be completed 15 April 2024.
The following information should be included in the proposal:
- Name of the tenderer(s), status in the organisation, and name of person for further contact (if different)
- Initial suggestion/proposal to illustrate possible content style
- Experience of the tenderer by showcasing examples of video content produced
- Transparent price breakdown
- Activity schedule (a timeline allowing tracking of progress against time)
- Details of approach to quality assurance (including adherence to timescales and the quality of key outputs) and any relevant procedures.
Tender evaluation criteria
Tenders will be evaluated in accordance with the Tender Evaluation Criteria detailed below. The contract will be awarded to the most economically advantageous tender, according to the best price-quality ratio award method. A weight of 80/20 is given to quality and price, respectively. The quality of the tender will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
(a) Technical development (40 points). Consideration will be given to design, appeal of visual presentation, suggestions for content.
(b) Organisation of the work and resources to ensure delivery of the work in accordance with the timescales above (40 points)
(c) Experience (20 points) Experience and success in producing similar videos will be of particular relevance.
Please submit your proposal by email to Nancy.email@example.com.